Welcome! Perhaps you found this blog because you recently lost a spouse. If so, you are specifically in my prayers, as I pray for everyone who reads these words. May this blog bring you comfort and help in your time of grief.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Story - Part 2

In "My Story - Part 1" I shared some of my personal experiences, especially the most painful moment when I learned that my wife had died. Here in Part 2 I want to tell you why I feel the urge to help others who are on similar paths of grief.

When Cyndi passed away, I felt intensely lonely. I desperately sought other people who had been down this path of grief and loss before me, so they could help me know there was hope to come sometime in the future. Even in our rather large church family, there were people who had lost their spouses after many years of marriage, there were women whose husbands had died suddenly, and there were people who became single parents through unwelcome circumstances (usually divorce). Several of these people offered many kind words of help and hope, for which I am forever grateful.

But I still could not find one person who met all of these qualifications (male, sudden loss of spouse, and single dad of young children). I longed to connect with someone who understood the unique levels of grief and fear that came from losing a younger spouse, particularly grieving the death of the future and fearing the future for my own young children.

Dear reader, if you are in the throes of grief and pain, I want you to know I have traveled down this path before you, and I can assure you THERE IS HOPE. Through this blog I want to offer you words of comfort. Along the way I want to offer some practical ideas for dealing with daily life in the "new normal."

Although you and I will probably never meet in person, I want you to know that I am praying for you and for every person who visits this site. I want you to know that if you reach out to the Lord during this time, He will meet your every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment