Welcome! Perhaps you found this blog because you recently lost a spouse. If so, you are specifically in my prayers, as I pray for everyone who reads these words. May this blog bring you comfort and help in your time of grief.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

His Mercies are New Every Morning

In the midst of a passage of mourning, we read these words of hope in Lamentations 3:21-26:
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
In the midst of our morning, we can take comfort in these words. God's mercies are new every morning. We can hope in Him. He is good, and we can trust Him. Will you turn to Him even in your darkest moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment